Executive Magazine is looking to hire a new sections editor, starting September 1.
The new sections editor would take responsibility for producing and coordinating our coverage of innovative/newly rising economic sectors and also traditional economic strengths that are continuing to play important roles, from hospitality to trade and entrepreneurship.
- Research and prepare questions to interview stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
- Conduct background research to further develop content related to the stories covered.
- Based on the interviews and research, write articles (average length 1,200 words) to be published in the monthly publication and Executive’s online platforms. Average number of articles per month is four.
- Develop an average of three annual special reports pertaining to, but not restricted to, education, hospitality and tourism, healthcare and labor issues. The reporter is responsible for writing some of the articles in the report and for selecting and coordinating with experts in the field for contribution articles.
- Participate in weekly editorial meetings to agree on future content and discuss the magazine cover art and illustrations.
- Engage in wider team meetings where household issues and potential directions for the magazine are shared.
- Be a part of the editing process through reading and offering feedback on colleagues’ articles during the writing stage, and proofreading content during the final readthrough.
- Take point on longer term collaborative projects with local and international partners, including special report focuses, investigative projects, roundtables, and economic roadmap development.
- Fluency in English
- Proven track record for in-depth reporting on economic issues
- At least six months of continual experience in a professional news organization
- The ability to work to deadline and within a small team
- Strong understanding of Lebanese economic and policy issues
- Ability to engage with reader comments and feedback
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic
- A wide contact base in Lebanon
- Multimedia skills, including audio and video production
- Proven track record for increasing engagement on social media
This is a full-time position based in Beirut, Lebanon. Salary is DoE.
Those interested, please send a CV and short cover letter (no more than 500 words) citing sections editor in the subject line to [email protected]
Initial interviews will be undertaken online due to the COVID-19 pandemic and ongoing recovery and rebuilding efforts following the deadly Beirut Port explosion.